28 January 2011

Sexxx

My co-workers and I were sitting in the break room eating lunch when the topic of sex came up. Oral sex to be exact. I don't know if it's just the way I was raised or what, but I was slightly embarrassed by the conversation. I know I wasn't the only one because when I looked over my other co-worker had her head turned and was a bright red color.

What I find weird is I really don't mind talking about it; hell I'm talking about it now, but I guess the stigma for me comes with discussing it with/around "older" people or family. Really, family is the worst. I remember how my mom found a certain something once and I just about DIED. Even thinking of that moment now I want to crawl in a hole somewhere and die. I hope at some point I can think back on that and laugh. Maybe when I reach my thirties or forties. Something to look forward to I guess.

In this day and age it seems pretty lame not to be comfortable with that subject. I mean, we have a show on tv called Teen Mom for goodness sakes. And when I look at shows like any one of the Kardashians, I can't help but feel jealous about how open they are with each other. I don't have that kind of close knit relationship with my family. It was extremely uncomfortable for me when my mom gave me "the talk" three years ago after she met my first serious boyfriend. Still, I kinda wish I could at least talk to my sisters in that regard. Then again I doubt they'd want to know that their baby sister is gettin' some. Lol. My brother at least had the balls to ask if I was still a virgin after me and my ex broke up. Can you say awkward?

Is there any real way to break the ice on that topic? How do you feel less weird about talking about sex? Is it lame that I'm twenty something and it still makes me blush?

No comments:

Post a Comment