17 January 2011

The Uninvited

Something has been on my mind all weekend and for the life of me I can't seem to shake it. I almost don't want to talk about it, but it really has been sort of eating away at me. You see, a friend of a friend was having a birthday dinner at his house and since his friend is my best friend and we are friends ourselves I was invited. Still with me? LOL ..Ok, so I asked my bestie if I could bring along my bf to the get together and she said in order to not make things uncomfortable she would rather I not and that we would hang out another time. Granted I know they really don't "like" each other and in the past things had been a little tense between them, but since my birthday in October I thought things had really gotten better. I mean how could I not? We all had a great time laughing and bullshitting. They even freakin' hugged before we all left!

I'm trying to think of how I would of handled the situation if the roles we reversed. She didn't say anything rude, but nonetheless I kinda took it to heart. Enough so that it's still bothering me today. I don't know if I would of automatically uninvited her because she wanted to bring along someone I didn't particularly like. I mean, other people were going to be there. Are you really gonna let one person ruin your night? Not only that, but it wasn't even your party.

Ugh, I don't know. Needless to say we didn't wind up going. I don't even know if they still had it with the weather being kinda funky. My bf and I did our own thing and had a blast anyway! Pictures to come, of course.

I guess my question is: am I overreacting? Should I have let it bother me? Would you have done the same to your best friend? Doesn't part of being a friend mean sticking by them even when you don't like who they date? Am I way off base here?

No comments:

Post a Comment