16 August 2012

IMG_20120816_095053.jpg IMG_20120816_095053



Ever know the feeling of having one area of your life go great, just to have another one feel like it's falling apart? I know I shouldn't focus on the negatives, but this morning I received this email and my heart just sank. Sad thing is, I'm so qualified for this position it's not even funny. I wanted this one, I really did.

I've been guilty of applying for jobs where I knew I wasn't exactly qualified, but applied anyway in the event someone actually called me back. This one was different. I've been keeping my eye on this position since I started working for the city. When it came around again, I applied. Granted, I hadn't heard anything back in a couple of months, but thats normal. Hell, for this position it took almost 6 months to get a call back. I thought no news was good news. Guess I was wrong. Sigh.

I know everything happens for a reason. School is starting up for me again, my fmla just got approved, and so switching positions probably wouldn't be the best of decisions. But, when you really want something I guess all the stuff that you know would be an inconvenience just doesn't seem quite as inconvenient anymore. Perhaps I should look on the bright side. I'm in a department that I know, so its not like the job is going to throw any surprises at me. Also, they know my situation with school, so for the most part they're accommodating, another plus. And finally, after I get all my degrees and certificates in order, maybe they'll be another, better job out there for me. I just don't know it yet.

Even after everything I just said the situation still sucks. Lol. Eh, it's a temporary sting. One day I'll laugh about this. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment