23 August 2012





It's that time of the year again. Slowly we find ourselves transitioning from the lazy days of summer to the hustle and bustle of another school year.

I actually love this time of year. Although we don't experience it here in Houston, in my mind, the air is starting to get crisp and the colors are all slightly changing. It's sad that here, one day everything is green and hot, only to have the next day dark and gloomy. Ah, so is the life of a Houstonian, I suppose.

Still, it's quite an exciting time. My email is getting filled with school messages and my best friend and I are already planning campus meetings. I recently received my student parking pass as well as student ID, so I'm feeling very official. :)

It's this time of year that always reminds me of a scene from one of my favorite movies, You've Got Mail.  In the scene, Tom Hanks tells Meg Ryan's character "Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address." Swoon. I absolutely love that.

Thankfully, my mom does too. I got home to find my school supplies laid across my bed ever so lovingly. Still, after so many years my mom loves to go back to school shopping. There's just something special about this time of the year. I love it.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment