01 December 2010

It's a Sign!

Sometimes I can really talk myself into things. Like, for months (or actually years) I know I've been needing to hit the gym more often. I also know I've been needing to eat better as well. I keep telling myself that today is the day .. or week .. or month. LOL .. I'm not proud to admit that, but it's the truth and I know that about myself. I also know I can be very superstitious. Now, the likely hood that these events happened because God wanted me to see the light could be somewhat possible, but then again .. maybe not.

The other day I received a text message about a contest. Well, not just ANY contest, a runway/modeling contest. I couldn't have been more thrilled. I just so happened to have been searching for something along those lines (I'm REALLY into modeling). While my eyes were on the prize, I couldn't help but to think about all my previous failures as a model. So, a part of me kind of pushed it to the side as to not get my hopes up. Later that day, as fate might have it, I came across a link that showed how the Victoria Secret models got into shape. It went as far as to give details about the trainer, his youtube videos- the works! So, naturally, I took it as a sign from God that he wanted me to put more thought into the contest. But, being the skeptic that I can sometimes be, I still put it in the back of my mind. Well, last night I had a dream that I was in a McDonald's factory and the staff was showing me how they prepared the food. It was just the most DISGUSTING dream. There was blood and people in restrooms cooking ... just completely awful. Awful enough to turn me off to eating there.

Is there any surprise that today, I completely believe God is telling me to wake up, eat better and enter that contest? I truly feel he is putting me down a path that I need to follow. Am I crazy? Do you also see the signs? Have you ever experienced anything similar? Am I on the road to enlightenment?

No comments:

Post a Comment