25 April 2011

Prince William and Kate Middleton

Actors portraying William and Kate



Was I the only one who saw the Lifetime movie William and Kate?

I'm not going to lie, I wasn't really into keeping up with the whole press about them or their wedding. I was one of those people who thought it was sort of an overkill of coverage. I mean, I get he's royalty and all, but they're still human and I feel despite titles or levels of class that they should be afforded some type of privacy. After saying all that, I did however watch the movie. I blame my mom for this really. You see, she had my sister Monica around the same time that Princess Diana had William and she had me around the time Harry was born. So in a sense she feels like we're sort of all "connected." Not in a creepy way, but in a way that she almost feels protective over them, especially since the loss of their mom.

Anyway, my mom was watching the movie and so I decided why not? I'll watch it too. Granted, even though it says it's inspired by actual events it doesn't necessarily mean all of it is true. So I don't really know how much of it is bullshit or not. However, there is one particular scene in the movie that I would like to think actually happened. In the scene William and Kate are in the car and he tells her he needs space. Well, she's obviously hurt, but she tells him to pull the car over. As she's getting out of the car she tells him if he needs space he can have as much as he wants and proceeds to walk away. When I saw that, I felt so much respect for her. I think at that point I really became interested in them as a couple and as individuals. I'm still not going to obssess about their every detail, but they certainly have my attention now.

I think it also says something about Ms. Middleton that during their breakup she never once leaked any stories about him or the family to the press. She certainly had enough information to cause some havoc, but she never did. Kudos to you hun. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment