20 June 2012





My heart hurts immensley. I don't have many details, but I knew I wanted to write something about this wonderful man who has now been called home. Leonel Pulido has been known to many as the accordian player for the group Roberto Pulido y Los Clasicos. But, to me, he has been so much more. He's been a faithful friend to myself and my family for as long as I can remember. It was something of comfort to see him smiling down at me while performing on stage or receiving one of his warm hugs in greeting. He always spoke softly and with great care. When he asked you questions, or you asked him questions, no matter how many people were there, somehow he made it feel like it was just you two.

The last time I saw Leo, he was performing at a church bazaar with the group. Admittedly, he did look a little sick. When I spoke with him, he said he was doing ok, but quickly asked how my mom and I were doing. He noted that he hadn't seen us in a little while and wanted to make sure we were ok. After a few minutes of small talk, we kissed on the cheek, hugged and I left. I had no idea then that that would be the last time I would ever see or talk to him. 


My condolences, thoughts, prayers and love go out to his family, friends and fans. May he Rest in Peace.  



Leonel Pulido
Forever in our Hearts



No comments:

Post a Comment